Puff Back Cleaning
Are you experiencing puff back and wondering why it happened and what you should do?
Puff Back? What is it?
Whether you have a hot water heating systems, gas furnace, or oil furnace, there's always a chance for puff back. However, it is most common with an oil furnace heating system. Puff back occurs when there's a misfiring in the furnace, causing soot to spread into your home, covering your furniture, drapery, walls, ceilings, and everything else. The soot coverage may range from a light dusting to a more concentrated coverage. Though it may be tempting to want to clean the soot, it's better left for the professionals. This soot not only is extremely messy and has a strong odor, its contents can be carcinogenic, therefore needs to be thoroughly cleaned and deodorized. Ranger Recovery & Restoration, LLC has the manpower and equipment to get you back to normal, soot free, in no time. Give us a call at (330) 892-7070.
What should you do?
- Call Ranger Recovery & Restoration, LLC at (330) 892-7070.
- Keep hands clean to prevent soot from spreading onto unaffected surfaces.
- Place rags / towels on affected areas to contain it.
- Throw away all exposed food.
- Wash houseplants thoroughly.
- Call a professional to fix you furnace.
What shouldn't you do?
- Don't attempt to wash the affected surfaces yourself.
- Don't use standard cleaning products which could cause further damage.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances which have been close to fire, or, or water without calling a professional first.
- Don't turn on ceiling fans or other fans.
Since 2017, Ranger Recovery & Restoration, LLC has been restoring properties which have experienced puff back. When you're faced with this frightening situation, don't worry. Call the experts at Ranger Recovery & Restoration, LLC, and we'll have your frightening situation handled in no time.